Photo
- - - - -

When is "God Emperor of Dune" coming to Sci-Fi?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AdamDeanHall

AdamDeanHall

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:06 PM

Do you have any idea when "God Emperor of Dune" will be coming to the Sci-Fi Channel?
Adam D. Hall

#2 IslandRonin

IslandRonin

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 05:15 PM

Right after the genetic merger of Swine and Avian genes proves successful and the hybrids do indeed fly Adam...Oh and hell freezes over...LOL!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's very doubtful a version of God Emporer of Dune will ever go into production anytime soon. There have been a lot of posts about it so far. Sure, I don't know of a single Dune fan that wouldn't want to see it, but Artisian (The studio that created Dune: 2000 & Children of Dune) has no plans what so ever to continue adapting Frank Herberts books onto film. Sorry.

#3 Noble1

Noble1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:58 PM

You are correct, GEoD will never be made into a miniseries but you are wrong in thinking that the rights are owned by Artisan , which by the way no longer exists. The rights are owned by ABC/Disney and a partner.

#4 IslandRonin

IslandRonin

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:09 AM

I never said Artisian owned anything...you assume too much. Because the 2 miniseries were produced by Artsian, one might think that in order to give a continuos "feel" to any other Dune production (even though there IS NO other Dune production) Artisian would have to be the one to do it.

#5 Noble1

Noble1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:39 AM

Artisan did not produce DUNE or GEoD. It paid a fee to be the distributor of the videos and DVDs after the production was completed. Artisan had nothing to do with the "look" or "feel" of the production.

#6 Jeunne

Jeunne

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:37 PM

I read in an interview with Brian Herbert that he has signed for all 6 books to come out on T.V. He also said they were waiting for the completion of book 7 and 8 in order to get the whole story done.. I hope they hurry up, I can't wait until the next movie!

#7 Noble1

Noble1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:15 PM

The interview with Brian that you refer to is two years old. The television rights have been optioned, but there are no plans to put any of the remaining books into production. Attempts have been made, but no network is interested at this time.

#8 TheLastDuncan

TheLastDuncan

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:36 AM

O Noble 1,
While I suspect I already know your response I must ask it anyway. Has the possibility for a big-screen production been considered for GEoD? To my admittedly naive-to-movie-production mind it seems the proper format. I agree it would be a daunting task to find the best way to tell this story but that's what screenwriting, producing and directing geniuses are paid to do. Seems to come down to no one at the moment is willing to plunk down the cash.
Thanks for all your input to this forum.

#9 Noble1

Noble1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:48 PM

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is: no. I am not certain, but I believe the theatrical (big - screen) rights belong to the DiLaurentis organization, who produced the Lynch version of DUNE. There have been no indications that they wish to venture into the DUNE canon again. As I have stated before, the TV rights to GEoD are optioned by the same group that did DUNE and CoD and they have no plans to produce a TV version.

#10 TheLastDuncan

TheLastDuncan

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 07:33 PM

DiLaurentis!?!?! NO!!! He should sell the rights...how much do I got here? A dollar eighty. Probably not enough. Any one got a spare mil?
Thx Noble 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users