#21 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

Quote:

Would the friendship between Trance and Harper contiue to grow as it had been doing prior to Ouroboros if you had stayed on the show? What direction would the friendship have taken?

Yes. It would've deepened and matured. It may have even had moments when it was headed toward romance, though those moments would probably not have come to fruition.

#22 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

Quote:

My question is would you have written Rommie and Dylan together at some point? I thought they had great chemistry as did the actors who played them. Thanks!

Probably not. A Dylan/Rommie romance was the kind of thing that would've screwed with both their heads in a very bad way and they both knew it. But who knows?

#23 Xeromem

Xeromem

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

Quote:

TRANCE
Right now, there is no real thing, Harper. Right now there are only possibilities. Illusions. Stories that may or may not have any meaning. Iíve laid out one, the one that I can see clearest. But there are limitless others. Whatever you can imagine might happen... might happen. And who knows... what you imagine might be even better than my Perfect Possible Future. Who am I to say that my way is right and yours is wrong?

They way that I understand that statement is that the way the show went and your vision of the way it should have been are just different possible futures. With both being equally possible until Trance makes a choice as to which one to follow. That would also mean that all the different fanfics out there are also possible futures being equally possible until Trance makes a choice. Then there is no limitation on the different possible futures until Trance makes a choice which, according the way I understand what you have written, she hasn't made yet.

#24 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

^ Absolutely, completely correct.

#25 andromfan

andromfan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:12 PM

Hey. This is my first time posting, so I hope that I don't screw it up. Reading Robert's alternate ending inspired me to respond. It was heavy and a bit darker than I may have liked, but the writing was incredible. It was so much more existential than the other garbage we see on TV and reminds me of why I was drawn into the show to begin with. It also reinds me of why Rev Bem's parting left a huge void in the show. His character, the tormented pilgrim thing, was needed to counteract some of the more fun aspects of the show. Thanks so much Robert! I have really grown attached to these characters and you have made it a bit easier for me to let them go.

#26 BlackScorpion03

BlackScorpion03

Minbari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:48 PM

Quote:

It was so much more existential than the other garbage we see on TV and reminds me of why I was drawn into the show to begin with. It also reinds me of why Rev Bem's parting left a huge void in the show. His character, the tormented pilgrim thing, was needed to counteract some of the more fun aspects of the show. Thanks so much Robert! I have really grown attached to these characters and you have made it a bit easier for me to let them go.

Yeah, I really missed Rev in the later seasons. And Tyr. The conflict between him and Dylan was always interesting. It was nice to see a "possibility" where something positive came of his plotting. It was also nice to see the everything tied together with a future full of possibilities. The coda made me think more than the entire season 5 combined.

Thanks again, Mr. Wolfe.

#27 mizor

mizor

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for sharing your vision with us. It seemed a little gloomy but definitely was interesting and thought provoking, as was all of the work you did on Andromeda.

Ok now for the question. What happened to purple Trance and cyborg Beka after Trance traded places with herself? Since it was supposed to be an alternate universe rather than a possible future would 'our' Trance's actions in this universe affect the other universes?

#28 windforecast

windforecast

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 01:03 AM

I do have a question, "The whole thing with Dylan's being a Paradine, was it in your original version or did they add it on later?"
"We are the choices we make." www.TickleWhiteCat.com

#29 All_Irrelevant

All_Irrelevant

Caprican

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 01:13 AM

I do not post often but this is really special. Wow simply amazing, I canít thank you enough for making this available. I personally loved the whole concept of Trance from the beginning, tail and all. She was always acting innocent and defenseless yet as a viewer you always new there was way more to her. Anyway after reading this I must say there was a real vision here and each character played a huge role, and all of it blended so well together, just really great writing!! If the show would have played out along these lines, I think as patient viewers any questions regarding the plot would have been answered as the series went on as opposed to the mess of plot-holes and inconsistencies we have been left with. Thanks again Robert.

#30 avaliableusername

avaliableusername

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:00 AM

Sorry, but Coda reminded me of B5 far too much. Not precicely, but enough.
2 ambigious uber forces fighting over the universe? Humans merging with machines. Great aliances. Do me a favour RHW, this is not origional. Love V Big Bangs, Order V Chaos, Vorlons V Shadows

Look, I liked Andromeda. Watched every episode.
I agree it went down hill, but I still liked it.

But sorry, this would have been just another B5 ripoff. Im glad something different happened.

Oh, and anyone who tries to argue with this, by saying," no its different, B5 was on a space station", is simply missing the point.

#31 Dominar_Peewee

Dominar_Peewee

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:20 AM

Oh Wow, that would have been so good compared to the pile of dren we get now.

RHW, did you decide to leave the show or were you pushed, and if it was your decision, what prompted it?
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny."
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

I now have a blog!

#32 D-Ki

D-Ki

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

Interesting concept, although i think I'd actually have to see how it played out to decide if I would have liked it or not.

I have a couple questions:

What were your thoughts on Tarn Vedra. Did you want to have something like they did in s5, was it supposed to be completely cut off from slipstream, or only the main ones and not cut off from the unused sliproutes like they thought in It Makes a Lovely Light?

What are your thoughts on some of the major things that happend to to the crew, like Beka becoming the Matriarch, Rev's transformation, and the Nebula, and did were you planning on any of those things happening in your version?
"I like to kill people in my dreams, so when I fall asleep be sure not to come too close."- Cao Cao

#33 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:37 PM

Back from vacation. I'll try to get to more questions when I have a chance, either tonight or tomorrow.

#34 MaddCain

MaddCain

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:09 AM

Just got finished reading it, and I was pretty impressed, compared to what I've seen this pass season and a half, your vision seemed more concise.

It just had substance, the one thing adromanda was lacking the last year or so. (No offense to andronamda fans, but I've watched every episode since day 1, and for the past season and a half I've been so confused half the time.)

Anyways, thanks for the alternate take on the series, you didn't have to do that, but glad you did. And good luck with your upcoming project.

Sorry for any spelling errors, It's late heh

#35 Trancegemmy

Trancegemmy

Mansquito

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

Hi,
I Really liked andromeda coda, it explained a lot about the characters and what would have happened to them if you had continued to write andromeda. It annoys me to think about how great the show SHOULD have been.I am a huge fan of Androemda and have seen every episode, through out season 1 to season 4. And own near all of season 1- 3 on Dvd. I havnt seen season 5 yet, it starts tommorow here in England. Just thought that you would like to know that i think all the episodes that you were involved in were by far the best. I understand that the reason that you left the show is because tribune and Sorbo thought that your writting did not include enough space battles and action sequences.However if they had been patient enough, they would seee how wrong they were. From what i have read in the Androemda coda, the wars between the factions make for some great space battles. Thanks for creating the show, it must be a real bummer knowing that you created and developed this universe and the charters in it and yet none of it actually belongs to you.
It is a shame that the new writters made a mess of your vision.

#36 TheUltimateSurvivor

TheUltimateSurvivor

Mansquito

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

Hello Mr. Wolfe. I have a question regarding Tyr (my favorite character). In your version you said that Tyr would have became leader of the Nietzcheans and fought a war against Dylan and everybody else, and in the end I understood that Dylan would reunite with him (and everyone else) to fight the Abyss. So I guess my question is, was he going to turn out to be a really bad guy like he did in the version we got, and was he planning on kinda screwing everyone over since day one, or how was it gonna play out with him? Thankyou in advance.

PS: I really enjoyed your version good job and thanks for giving it to us.

#37 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:43 PM

Quote:

Ok now for the question. What happened to purple Trance and cyborg Beka after Trance traded places with herself?

Cyborg Beka never really existed; she was just a possible future Beka, so she vanished in a puff of logic. Purple Trance similarly vanished as her sun would've had no need for her, having replaced her with Gold Trance and absorbed Gold Trance's future perspective.

#38 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:44 PM

Quote:

I do have a question, "The whole thing with Dylan's being a Paradine, was it in your original version or did they add it on later?"

Added later.

#39 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

Quote:

Do me a favour RHW, this is not origional. Love V Big Bangs, Order V Chaos, Vorlons V Shadows

Of course doing a story about the conflict between light and darkness, law and chaos, and good and evil is not original. If you think it was original when B5 did it, you need to read more.

Hamlet wasn't original either. Nor was Romeo and Juliet. The Magnificent Seven ripped off The Seven Samurai which ripped off Seven Against Thebes. Canterbury Tales? A rip-off. The Book of Genesis? Totally plagarized.

What's original is each individual artist's approach to the material.

And for the record, I didn't rip-off B5 because I've never watched B5. I ripped off William Blake.

#40 RHWolfe

RHWolfe

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:51 PM

Quote:

RHW, did you decide to leave the show or were you pushed, and if it was your decision, what prompted it?

I left because of "Creative Differences." Which means my *** was fired.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users